[Discussion] Minutes of meeting at Ed's
spielburg at woosh.co.nz
Thu Aug 26 19:00:59 UTC 2010
Minutes of the meeting at Ed's place in Newton.
Date..................... [can someone fill this in, as I didn't
1. Signatures were collected and we now have the required 15 signatures
2. A discussion was held on nominating committee members, we need to
have a president, a treasurer and a secretary.
Voluntary nominations were asked for and people were nominated.
Result is: Ed for president. Secretary - Brian. Treasurer -
Wayne. Safety coordinator Calvin.
we also discussed the need for 2-3 general committee members,
............... [can someone fill this in, as I didn't record info and
I can't recall the appointees]
3. Creative Zone has a working physical street address. It is : Unit
B at 9A. Esplanade road Mount Eden Auckland. 1024
4. Brian mentioned a possible space in Newmarket off Carlton Gore
road. it is a space currently occupied by the Art Doors company, a fine
art gallery space and a
5. Discussion as to our next steps, set up bank account, Do we need to
have regular meetings vs. hold meetings as needed, resulting view is we
need to keep meetings
regularly held, in order to keep the social aspect alive, to give
interested people a regular chance to join in with the group via the
meetings. To give us a chance to visit
other similar groups and venues.
6. Discussion on possible agenda items for the next meeting. Equipment
needed, Creating a list of equipment currently owned by or available to
the group members,
Mini training sessions [eg show and tell etc.] , searching for a
space, options to secure funding.
7. The Domain name to be secured by. .................. [can someone
fill this in, as I didn't record info as to who will action this]
8. To find and create contact with like minded groups, eg. the Clay Store.
9. To create a list of topics people may be interested in learning more
about via presentations by members.
10. A suggestion was made to create a presence on face book. This
suggestion created discussion on the merits of a wider web presence vs.
the tendency of facebook
and the web to physically disconnect people. One of the original
aims of Creative Zone was to reconnect people and to make a conscious
effort to keep interaction
face to face as much as possible. This means some members were not
supportive of a face book presence and others are not face book users
and would miss out if
facebook became the default forum. A decision was reached where a
facebook page could be created by interested persons, but would be in
the current and future web presence.
These are the issues discussed and decided on, to the best of my
recollection, feel free to correct and or add to them
More information about the Discussion