[Discussion] Meeting tonight (Tue, 21 Dec)
Gary.Tolley at cubic.com
Tue Dec 21 09:41:29 NZDT 2010
Plus we will need to take a break around 8:30 to look up at the eclipse.
From: discussion-bounces at creativespace.org.nz [mailto:discussion-bounces at creativespace.org.nz] On Behalf Of Calvin
Sent: Tuesday, 21 December 2010 9:40 a.m.
To: discussion at creativespace.org.nz
Subject: Re: [Discussion] Meeting tonight (Tue, 21 Dec)
On 21/12/2010 1:13 a.m., Abhishek Reddy wrote:
A reminder that there is a meeting tonight, Tuesday 21 Dec, at 7PM, at the Tangleball.
There is a lot to discuss, particularly about arranging the interior of the space, now that we have loads of useful materials, shelving and things to sort out. Also, the Tumeke Cycle Space has officially moved in; and there may be a few new and interested people coming along.
Wiki page: http://creativespace.org.nz/wiki/index.php/Meeting_24
Discussion mailing list
Discussion at creativespace.org.nz
Minutes from last meeting, sorry they are late, I have been busy shifting things both at school and at Tball.
Could someone bung them on the site or the wiki or where ever they go.
1. Pirate party.....arrrghhhhh... The pirate party expressed an interest in using the space to hold an agm type meeting, They explained their raison
d'etre [spell check] no objections from those present. Fee was suggested as a gold coin donation and or materials donated to TBall.
2. Financial state: Our financial state is improving, our opening day funds raised were approx $ 105.00. Some of the monthly commitments have been
paid. Wayne unable to give accurate figures as to how many members and paying members etc. as he did not have paper work there.
Screen printing workshop run by Rob. a lot of interest in this, some discussion around structure of funding and technical details. Chair suggested
forming a sub group to nut out the details and report back.
Jam making. Tangle jam / marmalade.
Security and crypotography,
Care and use of hand tools,
Bees and babeez
Fix my X [not ex wives and or boyfriends] but old or broken items that need a tweak or a new bit installing.
Along the lines of antiques roadshow, but we provide experts to fix or guide the repair.
4. Periodic events: Monthly barbeque suggested and all in favour,
Boardgamers, no further contact from them.
5.Website merger: Thomas and Neftaly to lease on this.
6. Basement Renovation: Landlord arriving on Friday to sort this out. Hazardous rubbish, needles etc, to a bit dodgy for a diy project.
7. Tangleball phone number and phone:. Cheng organising this via a donated mobile .
8. General health and safety: Question on best way to organise and encourage safe use of tools and equipment, e.g. if there is a disagreement over
what is or is not safe. Ed suggested, in the event of a dispute over safety, SAFETY WINS. the safest common denominator should be followed.
general consensus agreed with this.
9. Cleanliness: Consensus was, Clean as you go. Don't leave stuff overnight, including dishes in the sink and offcuts/ rubbish from projects. sweep
up and bin it.
10. We need more projects happening: It was suggested we need more ongoing projects happening, to generate enthusiasm in visitors.
This will be easier to do once we have actual bench space and racking to store things.
11. Workbenches: Ed, suggested people get started on some workbenches. A couple of people indicated they would start building free standing
benches until the long wall benches are built.
12. House rules: to be in haiku or limerick, in order to retain our sense of humor.
Feel free to add anything I missed CAl.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discussion