[Discussion] the venue in newton

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Mon Nov 8 09:36:21 NZDT 2010

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:12:54 +1300, Neftaly Hernandez
<neftaly.hernandez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Following Ed's prompting (last meeting) I've set up a site at
> http://tangleball.co.nz/. Not sure who's currently in charge of the web
> stuff, but I'll admin anybody who asks. Haven't been able to get in
contact
> with Ed again, unfortunately.

excellent, i like it. cool logos too.

i think thomas is hosting creativespace.org.nz at the moment

do we own

http://tangleball.org.nz/

as well? as we're a non-profit, perhaps that should be our identified
website?

ideally, we probably want at least .co.nz as well, maybe some others?
.com? .org? or is that getting too expensive/unnecessary?

> I've also managed to reserve a bunch of 18mm 2.4x1.2m coversheets:
> 4x particle board for benches/cabinets
> 9x MDF for the wall partition (leftovers would be for benches).
> They're $10 each and I've promised to accept/decline on Wednesday, so if
we
> can come to consensus on the building this meeting it would be a good
idea
> to rustle up a bit of cash (It's rare to get so many panels at once so
this
> is something that requires attention ASAP - the rest isn't
time-dependent,
> regardless I'll bring a plan and work out a bill of materials for
benches,
> paint, the partition wall and wiring at the meeting).

sounds good

to keep up the whole scavenger/re-use/recycle thing - any ideas where we
could 'obtain' stuff from?

maybe calvin's mate has some useful bits we can get?

> If this meeting is successful in regards to the building and we can
> bankroll
> it, I'd like to get the benches/wall/etc installed over the remainder of
> the
> week. Anybody keen for a working bee?

yep, i'm in for that

--