[Discussion] Signage and our tagline

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Thu Nov 11 13:51:44 NZDT 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:43:34 +1300, Ed <Maker at ClubEd.com> wrote:
> Tangleball
> Our Tagline Here

yes!

> Which begs the question, what is our official tagline. Shall we put
> it up for a mailing list vote?
>
> I'm personally a fan of:  Tangleball - The Auckland Makerpace

> I prefer it to hackerspace, since it's more inclusive and in my mind,
> more accurate. We could also play with the struture, like
> "Auckland's  Makerspace", or something. And of course we could go
> with "Creative Space," which has a bit of history with us..

i'd say 'creative space' - it's even more inclusive. 'maker space' sort of
implies techie/builder types only, not nec. painters/musicians, etc. i
think they would recoil at the idea of 'making' a painting/song, etc.

and yes, we have been calling ourselves that since march. TB is very new

--
robin

http://creativespace.org.nz/
http://bumblepuppy.org/blog/