[Discussion] Wooden crates for pickup

Logan Moore logan at xentac.com
Thu Nov 11 17:30:10 NZDT 2010

If we're palming off stuff :P.

I have an old compaq proliant 1600 server (perfect working order) that I'd
be happy to give to the cause. It's currently being used as a bed side table
:P. Now that I have an dual opteron workstation and a dual xeon server, I
haven't looked back at low end hardware since.

Dual 450MHz Intel CPUs.
1GB of memory IIRC
5 x 9.6GB scsi hard drives with dedicated raid controller
Front panel LCD administration thingy majigy (shows system errors and
administrator details and such)
Perfect for Windows Server 2000 but I don't have my own license, I was using
an MSDN license from work.

Probably a bit outdated to be a main server or anything, but would be
excellent for software development/testing. Maybe a code repository. If the
group doesn't want it, but someone else does, drop me an email.

- Logan