[Discussion] Twitter open shut notification

Logan Moore logan at xentac.com
Thu Nov 25 15:17:52 NZDT 2010

I had a quick browse of the Twitter API docs and it doesn't look all that
hard to write a daemon that would just sit on a computer, running in the
background, updating the open/closed status. What's currently being used as
a trigger for the open/closed tweets? Does someone have to log in to the
machine/manually fire off the tweet?

If we were to write a daemon that handled all this, we could even publish
open/closed status to a database which could then be pulled in by the
website or any other web service (JavaME app for mobile phones). Or even
just poking emails in to a mailing list for instance.

I would start writing something but I have no time working two jobs and with
my sisters wedding in a few weeks. If somebody else is keen to build
something, I'm keen to contribute.

- Logan