[Discussion] How does one use the supercool new jukebox software?

Jaco - Workshop Enterprises Ltd. jaco at workshop.gen.nz
Thu Feb 9 08:22:07 NZDT 2012

Not sure what unplugged cable you mean - there should be a unplugged
network cable, since I'm presently making use of the extra-long blue one
to connect to the network.
I've also run a USB extension out the back, so that we can more easily
plug in additional devices/storage

The system is presently has fairly limited storage, so we can fill that
drive up (think it's a 40GB IDE) & load more.
The mobo should have 1 IDE bus free and a number of SATA ports & a
boat-load of USB's.

The next step in the system's development is:
* mounting the power button & connectors
* mounting some semi-decent PC-preakers to it (probably in the top)
* getting those front-buttons to control the player/interface - haven't
figured that one out yet

- J

On 12/2/8 20:50 , Ed wrote:
> It was two things, one I dind't realise that "jukebox" actually meant
> the physical version, found in the pokie machine. Secondly, Carl found
> an unplugged plug inside said jukebox - was that the amp plug you
> meant? Solved.
> ta,
> Ed
>

> On 08/02/12 18:58, Jaco van der Merwe - Workshop Enterprises Ltd. wrote:
>> The Jukebox runs MPD music service.
>>
>> When it boots up it should now automatically load an interface; you may
>> need to turn the crappy little speakers on inside or plug in the amp on
>> the left if it's not already plugged in
>>
>> For Android you use MPDroid, for linux you can use GMPC (or sonata).
>> You can also access the system via a browser @ http://jukebox on the
>> local network
>>
>> The system is in the network as "jukebox" (should be 192.168.0.60)&
>> music drive should be writable over Samba (was when I last tested it)
>>
>> Once new music is loaded, you'll need to update the library using the
>> client&  then make playlists for your mood.
>>
>> More clients available here: http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Clients
>>
>> Have fun :)
>>
>> - J
>>
>> On 12/2/8 18:35 , Ed wrote:
>>> I get the Android end of it, but what app(s) am I running on the linux
>>> box, and what must I "connect" to when running them? Or are there no
>>> tunes on that machine?
>>>
>>> ta,
>>> Ed