[Discussion] passwords

Abhishek Reddy mail at abhishek.geek.nz
Wed Feb 22 17:09:33 NZDT 2012

Yes. I like this solution because it knocks out two birds at once:

 * There is always a computer that's available for read-only use. This is
important for equitable access, since not all of us are always interested
in, or able to, fix up a computer system that's been fooled with.
 * There is always a computer that's available for tinkering. To me, it
wouldn't be a hackerspace if this wasn't possible, even for casual members
or visitors. I believe the self-repair manifesto hanging on the wall
applies directly to our common tools and resources, and especially suits
computers.

In general, I'm sceptical of any security theatre though. If we were doing
this in the name of security, we could be on a slippery slope.

Cheers

--
Abhishek Reddy
http://abhishek.geek.nz