[Discussion] passwords

Jaco van der Merwe - Workshop Enterprises Ltd. workshop.enterprises at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:34:53 NZDT 2012

> In general, I'm sceptical of any security theatre though. If we were
> doing this in the name of security, we could be on a slippery slope.
I don't know if it so much about security, which really is about
subjective degrees and that we're failing at miserably in a multitude of
other ways anyway, as it is about introducing a small degree of
common-sense & control over the environment.
Sometimes I think we've taken all the worst practices available out
there from the last X year of ITC/infosec history & tried to cram them
in one space - as a project or exercise, that would've been a resounding
success :)

- J