[Discussion] PRISM break meet followup

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Mon Jul 1 18:32:30 NZST 2013

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 12:53:33PM +1200, Robin de Haan wrote:
> It was interesting overhearing some of the PRISM break info as I was
> working at TB yesterday.
>
> Incidentally, does anyone have an invite to the private email service
> "Riseup"? riseup.net/en

i know someone who is a member, and could probably get an invite from him. but,
i think riseup does not fix much of the problem. it is still centralised and run
by a small group (an elite for want, of a better word), and therefore involves
hierachy and power strucutures, which the anarchist in me says are the real
problems

i'd be willing to talk more on the subject, i've got lots of ideas and want to
do something constructive around this

> And here is a clear summary regarding the extent of NSA spying:
> http://www.juancole.com/2013/06/everything-surveillance-afraid.html

cheers, will check it out