[Discussion] Tangle Ball and Auckland Libraries collaboration

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Wed Jul 24 11:39:06 NZST 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 01:31:00PM +1200, Jaco van der Merwe - Workshop Enterprises Ltd. wrote:
> Well done Robin,

we all made this possible, don't give me any particular credit. barbara talked
to and saw lots of people and projects last week. pikiora has a hand in this
too, for connecting tangle ball and the libraries. in short, lots of us put it
together

> Won't be able to make tonight, sorry, but I'd love to discuss this with
> you in more depth.
>
> What sort of facilities will they have on offer? i.e. can we do
> soldering & do regular install-fests?

it was a one-line email, one simple question, so i don't know.
i think the best thing we can do now is come up with some grand schemes, and
present them. we can work out the details later; the libraries can be very
flexible if they want to be. for instance, in our dicsussions on maker spaces in
libraries, i have already advanced the idea of a lathe, more to gauge reactions
than anything, and they weren't anti the idea.

> I'm working on another angle that could tie in with some other things
> around the "water cooler".

i couldn't make it last night, i've been sick this week, and it got worse
yesterday. i think it needs more discussion, on the list and/or at a tuesday
meet, but first we need ideas and suggestions from more people.