[Discussion] US and UK spy agencies defeat privacy and security on the internet

Calvin Rainey spielburg99 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 14:49:43 NZST 2013

Something I heard about a while back. 6 years or so ...  cable taps in
secure locked rooms where internet traffic is split off as it enters the
country [The U.S ] rerouted through a "black box" which sends it on to the
destination, but the data is "cloned" for want of a better word. The No
Such Acgency GCSB, GCHQ et al    work their magic on it.

So all the protestations from google etc. that they don't allow access to
their servers are fairly meaningless. If you use any overseas network in
anyway your data will hoovered up and dissected.

Enjoyable thought. They must have rubbed their little sticky fingers with
glee when cloud based computing became all the rage. .

Cheers CK