[Discussion] US and UK spy agencies defeat privacy and security on the internet

Jeremy Read jeremy at pyrosoftware.net
Fri Sep 6 20:02:18 NZST 2013

"A 10-year NSA program against encryption technologies made a breakthrough
in 2010 which made "vast amounts" of data collected through internet cable
taps newly "exploitable"."

That could be it. Who knows, normally these sorts of things remain secrets
for at least 30 years. As their value is in that people don't know it's
broken.

And the value of the intelligence is immense, WW2 was won on this sort of
information.

I personally do not believe that the these organizations have any interest
in an individual per say, they aren't interested in creating some sort of
1984 style future. It is merely that they want to prevent the tragedies of
the past.