[Discussion] US and UK spy agencies defeat privacy and security on the internet

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Sat Sep 7 11:19:11 NZST 2013

On 2013-09-06 22:10, Vik Olliver wrote:
> On 06/09/13 20:18, Jeremy Read wrote:
>> Which area should we be worrying about?
>
> Governments going rogue and using their security capabilities to retain
> power illegitimately.

I'll modify the question slightly to:
"Which area should we be doing something about". worrying is not overly
helpful; discussion, analysis and action is far more useful.

the answer as always of course, is:
"Governments", be they rogue or otherwise.

that sort of power is illegitimate, by definition. whether they use it
or not is moot, the very fact it's there, centralised and can be used is
a problem. of course, it almost always does get used in this way, as
history shows us.

--
robin

What the world needs now, is love sweet love