Aether & Iron: A time-traveller's day out
The Museum of Transport and Technology (M.O.T.A.T.) in Western Springs is hosting a steampunk event called Aether & Iron: A Time Traveler's Day Out. It will be held on Sunday, 12th June 2011, from 10am to 5pm. In collaboration between Tangleball and the Evilgenius crew, we will be forming Auckland's new Steampunk Society during the Aether & Iron event.
- Aether and Iron will be of especial appeal to Steampunks in and around Auckland, New Zealand (if not further afield and from times distant). Auckland's Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT), our northern centre for relics of iron and steam, will be opening its arms for Steamers to strut their gears (admission will be free to those dressed in Steampunk). The steam train will be fired up and running, as will the huge pump-house.1
More details to come however at present this is what we know.
- Entry for will be free for those in costume.
- Register at the door to be included in prize draws and the Fashion Show.
- MOTAT has confirmed (weather permitting) that the Steam Trains, Trams, Beam Engine and Steam Engine will be operational on the day.
- There will be a demonstration conducted as to how to paint your ray gun and give it that aged look.
- Other events will include a Fox and Hound or Paper chase, Treasure Hunt and the Fashion Show.2
The contact from MOTAT for this event is Tami Wyness.