Time & Place
- Title: Tangleball Auckland Meeting
- When: Tuesday, 19th July, 7pm
- Where: 27 Edinburgh Street, Newton
The first part is an administrative meeting, until about 8pm
At 8pm, we talk about/show projects we are working on, would like help with, or want to demo.
If you have not visited before, and would like to suggest a project, ask for help or tell Tangleball what you are doing, this is probably the best time to visit.
All are welcome to either.
- NZOSS AGM
- Refunds for Calvin, for meetup.com
- we are in a better state now so can we afford to pay this?
- or do we cancel it - how many people have we actually attracted through meetup.com?
- lots of people come via meetup; abhishek is now the "organizer" and Tangleball's group account is covered indefinitely ("organizers" on meetup are entitled to 3 groups)
- BBQ for the open day?
- Can we get any more zine-related events for the day?
- Tessa wants to hold the comic drawing workshop the following Sunday
- There are two facebook groups. which are we using? how do we close/lock the other - it's extra work to maintain two?
- A makerbot
- someone (after barcamp) has offered to purchase a makerbot privately but give it a permanent home at tangleball
- they want priority access to it, and might want help building the kit
- anyone else may be able to contribute too, like the kinect pool we did previously
- by now, at least 3 people have inquired about our insurance and liability coverage/protection
- they are considering tangleball as a serious opportunity to host their projects but are concerned about insurance and having liability arrangements in writing
- Barcamp review
- it was cool
- lots more interest, buzz, followers, etc
- offers of support, advice, collaboration
- angel investment suggestion
- Personal Best from around the corner might visit
- people following on twitter, meetup and presumably fb
- Meetup.com account - how many members or how much exposure we get? How many of the 90 come?
Calvin has been sent bill for next one - been paid up, has been reimbursed with shirts for printing. Should we be paying for this as it is a Tangleball expense? ... We are all sorted. In 6 months bring this up as an agenda.
- Spoken to a guy in Wellington about making a creative maker space group/national event listing
- But we don't want to share the meetup.com account - no sub grouping ie if you are in auckland you get notifications for everywhere
- BBQ for the open day? Yes.
- potatoes for vegetarians, sausages etc
- Tessa bringing baking.
- Calvin has bought sausages for this already (form last open day)
- Can we get more zine related events at Tangleball?
- Yes - comics workshop on Sunday - Zinefest side related event. $50 event venue hire fee to go to Tangleball. $100 from24 hour zine making challenge was put in Tangleball account yesterday.
- Page or group on facebook?
- -not kill off the group just yet but we should move things towards the page to eventually get rid of the group as it will get depreciated by facebook.
- google+ - we have a page now.
- Makerbot - someone is donating a maker bot?
- Has no spare time, happy to donate it but would like to keep it legally under his business and depreciate it etc.
- Wayne suggests he houses it here but still owns it (like Wayne's drills)
Are there people here who are happy to build it? - yes
- Insurance what is our stance.
- to put on agenda: quotes on contents insurance
- Barcamp was cool.
- Around 50 people showed up to our talk. Yay.
- Tangleflyer - can we do one please? Can we put flyers outside so that when people walk past they can find out about us?
- Creative Communities - tessa to give details on this to someone. Funding for participant involved workshops and events.
- Ed is "working" on stuff for Claire.
- Found this: http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/EN/Services/CommunityFacilitiesSupport/grantsfunding/arts/Pages/creativecommunities.aspx#fundinglocation
- Cleo wants written consent for painting on the wall. Ed will talk to the landlord. Cheng will write consent form.
- First Thursdays
- getting steam punk people involved
- get the mural thing up and going
- scavenger hunt idea that we had pitched before
- New version of the website - has been worked on. Drupal site. Working gallery.
- OPEN DAY:
- Zine workshop
- Rob - tshirt printing
- making letters for tangleball out of MDF
- Creche/play-pen in the lounge to keep little ones safe/seperate